Friday 1 June 2012

Yoga TTC 200 Certified!

Hi Everyone,

On Wednesday May 30th I completed my 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training!  I can't believe the month went so quickly.   It was sad to leave but I am excited to see and do new things.

Yesterday Will and I left Dharamsala for Rishikesh on an overnight "deluxe" bus.  I think maybe I got 2 hours combined sleep...What an experience it was, the only thing working on that bus was the motor from what I could tell.  I can say we were lucky not to have a seat over the wheel well, a fellow Canadian siting closer to the wheels had to use his seat-belt to stay in his seat!  Also, there was evidence streaked outside the bus indicating wheel seats are not the place to be... We stopped for dinner at about midnight and determined the outside temperature at that time was 33C.  Today in Rishikesh, 41C

Rishikesh is...well pretty amazing, and very much the India you'd imagine.  The heat is stifling but seeing the Ganges is incredible.  There are so many people swimming and bathing, it's exactly as you've seen in pictures or on television. Given the temperature here I'm tempted to go in myself, but maybe just the feet.

Rishikesh is considered by some to be the birthplace of yoga and there is no shortage of yoga schools here.  Will and I walked about 2km today and I saw at least 15 places.  So tomorrow my plan is to wake early and sit by the Ganges to meditate, then attend an early morning yoga class.  Later Will and I will move to a hotel with a river view as the one we're currently staying in is pretty dank and looks out at a concrete wall.  But hey, it's only $40CAD per night (actually, if you can believe it, $40 is a bit pricy but we have AC!)

I'm at the Cyber Cafe in our hotel and am not able to load pictures on this computer, but I have lots of good ones I will put in my next post.

Thanks for reading,

xo Ruby

2 comments:

  1. it's not the heat, it's the humility
    congrats on the teacherdom!
    Ready to teach back home?
    Yoga is ninety percent mental and fifty percent physical.

    ReplyDelete